Yoga is so much more than just a physical practice. It is the connecting of the mind with the body, the body with the mind.
Yoga promotes a strength of body and mind that protects you from physical or postural dysfunction, and in doing so minimises the chance of physical injury or the reoccurrence or onset of a physical condition.
There are a huge range of both physical and mental/emotional benefits that come from regular practice.
- Yoga helps with the management of stress and the associated physical conditions such as lower back and neck pain, sleeping problems, headaches, anxiety and depression
- Promotes focus and concentration
- Promotes a positive outlook to life and interpersonal relationships
- Promotes relaxation and well being
- Promotes self awareness
- Promotes physical and mental balance
- Yoga helps lessen chronic pain, such as lower back pain,
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Increases flexibility
- Increases muscle strength and tone
- Improves joint condition
- Improves respiration, energy and vitality
- Maintains a balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improves athletic performance
- Increases resistance to injury and illness
- Contributes to the prevention of arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome